* Small day-sack or bum-bag in addition to your main rucksack, for short hike's to gather materials.
* Sleeping bag, preferably 3 season
* Self-inflating or closed-cell foam sleeping mat
* Tent or basha
* Torch and spare batteries
* Small first aid kit including plasters, blister kit, tweezers, foot powder and any personal medication - pain killers, muscle rub, inhailers etc
* Sun block and lip balm
* Good insect repellent
* Wash kit and towel - eco friendly washing products are best
* Knife, fork and spoon
* Mug, plate & bowl
* Water bottle
* Notebook and pencil
For Living the Wild Intensive you will also require:
* 10 meters of parachute cord
* Swim wear and towel
* Some zip-lock or plastic bags are useful for keeping tinder dry
* Camera and film
* Spending money: as it is not unusual for students to get together for a well-earned pint at the end of a course.
* Tampons: it is not uncommon for a sudden change of environment to start an unexpected period.
To return to the Woodland living skills page click here.